Wednesday 13 July 2016

Paradise Regained. Yugo.

Anticipating a freshening Yugo, I changed the headsail from Big Genny to the small jib. It turned out I was too eager and we were under-canvassed. Sailing towards Mekićevica was a sedated affair. This time, to avoid inflating the dinghy I dropped First-Mate with our stuff at the small cement peer. Just at that time big waves from the wake of a ferry rolled in. Result: another small scratch on Mekićevica's side. After that I picked-up a buoy and we spent a relaxed day at the beach.
Another great day at our favourite spot.
We had arranged to go and visit Šime and Zuleika. that evening, so we left early. We shouldn't have. The Yugo was now definitely freshening-up and we were back in record time.
As we were in a hurry, I dropped Sandra and started morning in a different place than usual. Just as I had finished, a boat arrived claiming that was their place and I had to find another place. Just to be kicked-out again. In desperation I remembered we have an offer to leave the boat in Jerolim whenever we want. So I motored to Jerolim. By than the wind had kicked-up big waves that were coming right into the bay and breaking on the beach. Jerold was not an option, so I returned to Hvar and finally managed to find a place, with First-Mate's help who by now had come back to the harbour looking for me.