Thursday 10 July 2014

Suzy Q, oh Suzy Q...


Yoyo-Ma got an assistant! If you haven't been following Mekicevica's blog, Yoyo-Ma is not a cellist, it is our faithful 2.5hp Yamaha outboard.
As part of the preparations for Mekicevica's 2014 Sailing Adventure (details T.B.A.) we needed a motor with a longer range between fuelling stops, and I just happened to come across a for-sale advert, for precisely the right thing and not far from here, just across the very fuzzy BE-NL border. At a very attractive price, moreover. So let me introduce Yoyo-Ma's new helper: Suzy Quatro.
Suzy Q ready to take over from Yoyo-Ma for Mekicevica's 2014 Sailing Adventure. 
Suzy Q can sip fuel from an external tank and has reverse gear, just what the doctor ordered. I still needed to get the tank, for which I had the wisdom of going to an official Suzuki dealer. Good job I did, because by picking his brains I discovered that Suzy Quatro is actually Suzy Dois: I got a two-stroke motor!
The 4 hp power still justifies the name and a two-stroke motor is lighter and even more reliable than a four-stroke.